How much medication
should Ali receive?
Here's why it matters
According to the World Health Organization, medication errors cause at least one death every day and injure approximately 1.3 million people annually in the United States of America alone.
Realize that even the most seemingly benign circumstances, such as giving a patient a medication sample, can easily have negative effects on a patient's health if the dosage is inaccurate.
Practicing dosage calculations regularly and meaningfully helps students adhere to medication safety guidelines and prevent medication errors.
Here's a solution
Traditionally, students encounter medication dosage calculation problems presented in numerical expressions or word problems. In Ali's Story Challenge, students must apply their dosage calculation skills in an interactive scenario, allowing them to experience how the chain of events may occur in the real world.
Solve Ali's Story Challenge to test your dosage calculation skills!
Congratulations on completing one of several activities in our Medication Dosage Calculations course. Did you do well with the activity? If not, don't worry! You'll master the necessary skills quickly when you complete the lessons in the full course.
The step-by-step lessons and activities will help you:
Convert fractions to decimals and round decimals.
Perform various unit conversions.
Analyze scenarios and extract essential information.
Solve various dosage calculation problems using dimensional analysis.
Get instant access to the Medication Dosage Calculations course plus all courses and resources in entire our catalog!
Select one of our simple and affordable plans!
Which plan fits your needs?
- Get unlimited access to all courses and resources for one full year.
- This plan is best for getting instant access to every course and resource in our catalog, including new additions. You can begin sharpening your skills right away.
- Your subscription will automatically renew until you cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any time, and your access will remain active until the current period ends.
- Get unlimited campus-wide access to all courses and resources for one full year.
- This plan is best for equipping all teachers and students with every course and resource in our catalog, including new additions.
- You can give everyone at your campus instant access with our simple enrollment process. When you subscribe, you will receive a unique code within 24 hours to share with your campus. Simply have everyone use the code at checkout for instant cost-free access.
- Your subscription will automatically renew until you cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any time, and your access will remain active until the current period ends. If you have questions, reach out via our Contact Form or at [email protected]. We're here to assist!